February 4, 2008

A Tour of the Workshop

Today is February 4, 2008. Back in December of 2006, a dear friend gave me Max Lucado’s book “Facing Your Giants” for Christmas. I never read a book I don’t feel God is leading me to read, and though I felt God wanted me to read this, I didn’t feel the time was right. As a result, it’s sat by my “prayer chair” for over a year, until last week when I felt compelled to pick it up and begin reading.

I shared in my book “Freedom” that I pray particular Bible characters over each of my family members. I pray for God to help Jimmy be a Joseph, the young man thrown into the well by his brothers who succeeded against such terrific odds. I pray for the Lord to bless our son Drew with great strength and faith as he did Daniel in Babylon, and I pray for God to protect and provide for our little disabled Danielle the way He cared for Jonathan’s crippled son, Mephibosheth.

I cried uncontrollably today as I read chapter 14 “Tough Promises” as Max shares heartwarming examples of God’s unfailing love throughout history, one of which was the story of Mephibosheth. It touched me so deeply, because today my husband and I are going to visit a workshop for the disabled, which we think the Lord is leading Dani to work. With fears and anxieties running through our heads, concern for her safety and happiness is paramount. I can’t tell you how awful it is to have a child who cannot tell you how she feels, how her day went, or what she likes or does not like. Sending her out from under our protective wings is by far one of the hardest things we’ve ever had to do.

But, as I read chapter 14 in this book that’s been waiting for me for over a year, God breathed new hope in my heart as I read Deuteronomy 7:9 “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.” This promise is for me and do you know how I know this? Because, I love the Lord with all my heart and this promises that He is faithful to those who love Him! He has a grand and mighty plan for our family and will no doubt protect, provide, and watch over His little disabled lamb all of her days. I find utmost comfort in this knowledge.

Well dear ones. It’s time to dry my eyes, make some coffee, and get ready for the day. We have to be at the workshop in three hours. Please pray for us as we navigate these unchartered waters. With God as our captain, it will no doubt be a little scary, but a whole lot rewarding!. That’s just the way He works! I’ll keep you posted on what happens on the tour.

Visit Nancy's Website: Olive Leaf Ministries

No comments: