July 8, 2009

Third Time's A Charm

Why would it take three attempts for me to get my summer flag faced in the right direction so it could be read from the street? The first time I threaded it onto its hanger I walked in the front door with no self-doubt whatsoever. But, as I was about to close the front door, something (the Holy Spirit I suspect) prompted me to question my little decoration.

As I unlocked the glass door to take a second look I noticed I could read the flag from inside the house. "Maybe it says 'Summer Welcome' on both sides" I rationalized. But no. Two steps onto the lawn revealed I had indeed hung it wrong.

Hoping no one, especially our brand new neighbors, had witnessed my flag fax pau, I rehung the festive critter and stepped back for a second look. And would you believe, in spite of more fiddling, it still welcomed summer backwards. What are the odds? Honestly, I don't think I could have thought of three different ways to hang a flag if I tried.

Determined to meet the challenge, I flipped the crazy thing around another new way thus solving the Rubik's "flag" puzzle. Fortunately I don't have to do this again till fall.



Handy FYI: I hang all my little flags on a pant hanger in the coat closet inside the front door. It's keeps them organized and ready for the next season or occasion. (I wonder how many times it will take me to face Autumn toward the street in September.)


2 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

Love your outdoor cart and flag decoration! Beautiful!

katiegfromtennessee said...

Too funny, Mrs. Nancy:)

katiegfromtennessee