July 19, 2009

Nullified

Nullify (transitive verb) means to make of no value or consequence.

Synonyms: nullify, negate, annul, abrogate, and invalidate.

Yesterday was a day of nullification. I didn't realize it until the end of the day, but like a old-time weight scale most everything I did nullified something or another allowing me to end the day well balanced. For instance, I slept unusually late in order to counteract the exceptionally busy week. I went to bed the night before utterly exhausted, so sleeping late affectively annulled my fatigue.

After enjoying a lovely read on the deck in the beautiful weather, we went to the mall to get the clasp on my ankle bracelet repaired. While at the jeweler I saw the silver twin of my favorite watch. I have five other watches and I love them all, but my shiny gold light-weight elegant time piece is my fave because it's like wearing nothing at all. At work I mouse with my right hand and write with my left and this watch is forever faithful to let me write in complete freedom. My silver baby wasn't cheap, so we went to Wal Mart and used seven coupons to save $10. A definite "A" for effort.

Then, considering the cool non-humid air of Kansas City wasn't going to last forever, I took the dogs out for a run. All three of us jogged the neighborhood with great gusto and though I don't know how the dogs felt about the outing, I returned home pretty sure I'd burned off a portion of the McDonald's lunch we ate before going to the mall. (I might have tipped the scales in the wrong direction when I ate a bowl of M&M's while watching Wipeout, but let's not count that since it ruins my point.)

Clearly nullification works best when anointed with a bit of rationalization.


1 comment:

katiegfromtennessee said...

A day of nullification for you? I've been super tired for work too:)

Blessings,

katiegfromtennessee