June 2, 2009

A Turn of Events

When the global economy collapse, it took Jimmy's job down with it. His job as an SAP consultant has virtually vanished leading us to make changes we might not have otherwise made. With no alternative but to switch things around, I have returned to nursing and Jimmy is pursing his once part-time hobby of photography on a full-time basis. He is Mr. Mom and I head off to work. It's a big change but the Lord has blessed each of us abundantly. Jimmy is no longer flying out every week living in hotels and eating out, as he's done for 11 years, and I am back into the profession I've always been proud to be a part of.

As the full-time caregiver of the home, Jimmy is doing a fantastic job. He cooks (and is excellent at it), cleans, mows, runs the dogs, does the errands, dishes, and laundry. Tonight I went to put Dani to bed and saw she had crisp clean sheets on her bed from her daddy's hard work today. What a pleasure to know she's in the good hands of her daddy.


Perhaps you have gone through some changes lately too. Please share what the Lord is doing in your life and how He's provided in the midst of it all.


"Trust in the LORD and do good;

dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture."

Psalm 37:3

8 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

Nancy, I'm so glad things are working out well with the change in your lives. My Sunday night blog post actually tells about a new chapter in my life. Hop over and read it when you get a chance. So glad the Lord is with us every step of the way.

Continued blessings!

Linda said...

So many changes in your life...I had no idea.

Isn't it wonderful that you(we) have a career that you can weave in and out of without skipping a beat! I love that about being an RN. We will ALWAYS have employment opportunities available.

What kind of nursing are you doing?

About Nancy said...

Linda,
I do Quality and Outcome for heart and stroke care. I work with two wonderful ladies, both Christian, and a wonderful faith based hospital as well.
Blessings,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Our biggest changes are learning to parent teens - a continuous "Quality and Outcome" process. lol.

My Hubby was a househusband for 11 years between a military career and his new and successful career as a public school teacher.

The insecurity in the economy has caused us to decide for me to increase my part-time work/income - planned for the fall. Like nursing, I can get work if I need it.

Everything I mention - I believe is in the Lord's hands. Thankfully. Barbara

Beverly said...

Nancy, there are many people in our world who are facing this same thing. It is amazing that through it all God still brings us through and keeps us right where He needs each of us to be. Thanks for reminding us of that.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you guys. God is so good and will accomplish so much through our flexibility and willingness to put some other muscles to work that perhaps haven't been used in a while. I pray He heaps blessing after blessing upon all of you.

We are in the process of getting ready to move to FL and God has provided so much encouragement to trust Him that He's taking care of us. He's been amazing. I love your verse too. I'll have to add that to my index cards.

Blessings to you.
Melanie

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Mrs. Nancy,

There has been some changes for me too...
Since I found out I'm pregnant from my in vitro, I have been thinking about switching jobs back to office work from retail. I am also thinking about how to get ready for a little one in the house:)

Blessings,

katiegfromtennessee

Abba's Girl said...

I am so thankful the Lord has opened doors for you...and so thankful His economy is not the economy of the world...