June 8, 2009

A Dedicated Soul

I'm beginning to see why dogs are called man's best friend. They make you feel so special as they follow you wherever you go and greet you with gusto no matter how long you've been gone. In fact, the longer you've been gone the greater the celebration! It's like having a fan club and paparazzi minus the questions and flashing lights.

Little Cocoa Bean is only six months old and already a dedicated soul. He follows me every where I go, even to the bathroom. He doesn't care if I'm bathing, washing my face, putting on cologne or spraying hair spray. He sticks to me like glue.

Here he is parked by the porcelain bowl
before I have the bathroom door closed.

My view from the tub.
(What a sweet baby)
Cocoa's faithful company serves to remind me how I am to follow God; faithfully, no questions, and with total peace and contentment. Thanks Mr. Bean for your pleasant reminder!

"Whoever serves me must follow me;
and where I am, my servant also will be.
My Father will honor the one who serves me."
John 12:26

2 comments:

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Mrs. Nancy,

I want to follow God faithfully too, with all my heart, soul, mind, strength. Interesting post...

katiegfromtennessee

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby! My Lucy hears my van turning into the driveway and she is waiting at the door for me. Always happy to see me even when I'm in a bad mood. Truly man and woman's best friend. Great parallel.