April 12, 2009

12 Reasons to Rejoice in the Risen Christ


Jesus came to us!
Luke 1:14 “He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth…”

We have peace with God.
Romans 5:1 “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,“

We have been made righteousness. 
Romans 3:22 “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.”

Our names are written in heaven.
Luke 10:20 “However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Our joy is secure.
John 16:22 “So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.”

We have hope.
Romans 5:2 “…through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. “

Christ knows and understands our pain.
1Peter 4:13 “But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. “

Our suffering is not in vain.
Romans 5:3 “Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;”

God’s grace abounds.
Ephesians 2:7 “…in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.”

Our salvation is permanent.
John 10:27-29 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.”

Christ is preparing a place for us.
Revelation 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.“

Jesus is coming soon!
Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.


Every year Easter becomes more precious to me. The closer I draw near to God the more I see how much I need Him, for without Christ I could not approach God at all. Because Christ conquered sin and death those who believe and put their trust in Him receive eternal life in heaven. What a great gift and good reason to be glad. Nothing can take away the security of our salvation and God's very Spirit guides, protects, and teaches us as we walk this earth. Sealed by His Spirit we, the bride, wait for our bridegroom, Jesus, to come and take us home. I rejoice in this good knowledge for it gives me strength and hope for the future. He is coming soon, He is coming for us, and He has triumphed over our enemy.

May the Lord bless you this Easter day. May His face shine upon you in a new way as you bask in the hope of His glory!

3 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

Nancy, I join you in praising God for all of these wonderful truths. I am especially thankful that our salvation is secure, that nothing and no one can snatch me out of the Father's hand.

May His face shine upon you, too!

Abba's Girl said...

Glorious truths...Hope your Easter was filled with blessings from heaven.

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Mrs. Nancy,

These verses are encouraging, and that is true that the Holy Spirit guides, protects, and teaches us...

Blessings,

katiegfromtennessee