November 14, 2009

A New Sound

One of the things we love about our neighborhood is that it's quiet. Many children have lived in our vicinity throughout the years, but as life would have it they grew up and moved away. Recently, however, new neighbors moved in next door with four children, a dog, and play equipment resembling a fort. I wasn't 100% on the side of giving up the quiet, until we met this wonderful family.

Not only are the parents the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet but their children are so sweet and polite. The two boys in particular love Jimmy. One day we were playing frisbee with the dogs when suddenly we heard, "Jimmaaaaaa!" It was the youngest boy hollering at Jimmy to say hi. I piped up and said, "Hey! What about me?" to which he replied, "I don't know your name." I revealed my identity but don't think he really cares. He's a man's man and doesn't have much time for any woman other than his mama...as it should be.

We've lost our quiet neighborhood but gained so much more. I thought silence was my preference until I realized how much the sound of children playing refreshes my soul. Taking me back to my own youth, the tickles and giggles never cease to put a smile on my face.

Yesterday Jimmy took a picture of the littlest girl drawing a picture of our family on her driveway. She is as smart as a tack and full of stories. What an absolute doll and just look at that head of hair!


4 comments:

CC said...

Awesome! I wish I had some of these families in my neighborhood!

katiegfromtennessee said...

Aww, it's that way kinda with my nephews. They LOVE my husband, but I'm simply Aunt Katie to them:) Can't compete with the man that takes them hunting:):)

Blessings,

katiegfromtennessee

Cheryl Barker said...

What a cutie-pie! Enjoy!

Abba's Girl said...

So true, nothing brings a smile to my face faster than children playing outdoors.