November 7, 2008

Let Us Not Grow Weary

Isaiah 40:31 
"...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint."

It's rare I have little to say but this week I have been virtually blogless. For the last two weeks our family has gone through a time of significant trial and grief that's literally surrounded us on all sides. Coming from nearly every direction it's been enough to make our heads spin.

In an effort to regain my balance I've fervently sought God in a new way and it's proven to be an opportunity for God to polish me into an image that greater reflects Him. Faithful to always teach new things, God has delicately drilled into my  heart Romans 12:1, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God — this is your spiritual act of worship.

While worship and sacrifice come in any variety of different ways, I am convicted to make a daily habit of giving up one thing for God each day. Whether it's a meal, time of recreation, or anticipated purchase, I will give up one pleasure each day and offer it as my spiritual act of worship. It's the least I can do for Him.

Dear sister, if you are going through a difficult time I encourage you to take a moment to worship God! Exalt Him for who He is and all He has done for you. No other person or pleasure will ever compare or satisfy. The world and everything in it will either let us down or lead us astray. Only God can provide the balance we so desperately need.  Hope in the Lord, renew your strength, and stand firm in Him! 

7 comments:

katiegfromtennessee said...

Mrs. Nancy,

I understand, I have felt like I have been going through a difficult time since I started my fertility treatments. I started the process in Jan., so it's been a year long thing. The Lord is good though, soo very good to strengthen me, heal me, encourage me, and keep me close to His side. He wants us to seek Him always, in the good times and the bad. I know that we battle against the flesh, the world, and the enemy, but we have already overcome the world in Him. We are dead to sin, alive to Him (flesh). He is greater in us than he who is in the world (the enemy). The all surpassing power of Him is seen in our very fragile jars of clay, it seems. It's all about His glory. If God is for us, Mrs. Nancy, who can be against us?? This encourages me, this thought.

Have a blessed day Mrs. Nancy,

katiegfromtennessee

Washer Mom Val said...

Thank you for your words on my blog - when I see you are an author I'm humbled. I'll visit again - you've an awesome inspiration. We are "foster" parents and I can relate with the comments in your profile.

Cheryl Barker said...

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear that you and your family have been going through trials and grief. I pray that God will minister sweet comfort to you each and every day.

Abba's Girl said...

Nancy, I pray you and your family are filled with His peace and resting under His wings.

Love, Annette

Debra Kaye said...

Nancy,

It's true isn't it!! The sacrifice of praise reaps great rewards. I pray the fiery darts from every angle either miss or turn to glory.

Blessings to you this evening.

Anonymous said...

Holding you up in prayer! :o)

Yolanda said...

I truly enjoyed this.