January 5, 2010

Twinkle

I recently finished a book that was the most enjoyable little thing. It's called, Twinkle, Sharing Your Faith a Little Light at a Time. I purchased it about a year ago and promptly propped it on a shelf for just the right time. Once in my hands this little gem was hard to put down and made me sad it had to come to an end.

Elisa Morgan is the president and CEO of MOPS International and the author of a bundle of books. Twinkle may be my first of hers but it certainly won't be the last. As an honest and down to earth author, her artistic writing made me laugh and cry sending me on an urgent search for another copy to give my best friend for Christmas. It arrived in the mail just in time for me to proudly pass on.

Twinkle addresses the common "I can'ts" that keep us from sharing our faith. With her own creative and enlightening touch, Elisa candidly shares her personal struggles of shining her light, which just so happens to be difficulties we all have in common. I especially loved how she points out the importance our little twinkle of light is in the lives of those around us and that our job is never to shine our own light, but rather reflect the true light of Christ. Somehow this simplicity takes a load off my shoulders I was never meant to bear.

If you are looking for a sweet little read check out Twinkle. It's sure to brighten your day!

"For you were once darkness,

but now you are light in the Lord.

Live as children of light."

Ephesians 5:8


1 comment:

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Mrs. Nancy, sounds like your New Year has been blessed so far:) Sounds like a good book too:)

Blesssings,

katiegfromtennessee